The EPS Block Moulding Machine is to form the EPS together into a big block that meets the requirements. Moulding of EPS styrofoam may follow several sequence:
• Fill the EPS Block moulding machine with expanded beads
• Heat the EPS Block mould by steam
• Cool the expandable polystyrene beads by air or EPS Vacuum cooling system.
• Eject the finished block from the mold cavity.
Cooling of the foam part via vacuum allows the foam to stiffen and reduce its internal pressure. Additional finishing operations, such as hot-wire cutting, embossing, printing, laminating, etc., can be used to customize for final applications.
•This Expandable Polystyrene Block Moulding Machine is designed in vertical type with only one side opening, to insure the less steam leakage and keep enough vacuum during cooling.
•The parts which contacted with steam are made of rigid steel (Type 20G for Boiler) welded construction. Other parts are made of carbon steel. The inner walls are formed by 0.3mm stainless steel cuniform plates
•The machine is made with fix walls, according to the demand we can also offer adjustable walls.
•Block fusion quality is monitored by foam pressure sensor.
•The block mould insulation (aluminum silicate fiber) is optional.
Filling silo located near the EPS Block Moulding Machine, and material level is controlled by level sensors automatically. The unit stops the machine when there is not sufficient material available in the silo.
In each process steps the steam pressure is regulated with main steam valve and individual steam regulating valves on each side. Twice cross heating technology designed in the program. Steam goes into block mould from 2 big sides and discharges from 4 small sides during first cross heating, and opposite step during second cross heating.
Condenser tank ca. 2.5m3 with water spraying and sieving units – individual vacuum tank ca. 15m3. Two vacuum pumps (11kw for each) used on machine. With the help of the vacuum, it helps to reduce the EPS cycle time and water content.
While process cycle completely, the front door will be opened. The discharge trolley will be carried to the ready position. The hydraulic driven ejectors will eject the EPS block to the position of the discharge trolley. Afterward the door will be closed for the next cycle start. The discharge trolley will be transferred to the weighting unit.
The electronic weighting unit is mounted on the discharge trolley transport rail for quality assurance and data recording.
Main cabinet,with security lock,is equipped with Delta/Siemens touch screen and PLC.
• Suitable for EPS block length: 2000-6000mm
• Suitable for EPS block Width: 1000-1200mm
• Suitable for EPS block Thickness: 1000-1200mm
• 12-15 blocks/hour @ density 15kg/m3
• CE Certificate
• Multiple safety features
• Two operation mode can be selected: Step or Auto
• Single door opening with less steam leakage & keep enough vacuum during cooling.
• Exit block conveyor can storage 4 pcs blocks
• Homogenous Block density (+/- 3%)
• Low energy consumption and high output
• EPS Block automatic conveyor system are optional.
• Machine color: Mould body RAL5012 Blue + piping system RAL3001 Red.
EPS Block Conveyor system
The block conveyor system are controlled by touch screen & PLC, sensors and pneumatic, driven by motor and chains. Automatic drying system is available. It works between block moulding machine and continuous cutting line to increase plant automation, to reduce labour work strength and shorten drying time. While one line is full, the system would stop to feed this line and automatically switch to feed another line. While one line is empty, the system would stop discharge this line and switch to discharge another line.
• Touch Screen & PLC: Siemens/Germany
• Temperature sensor: Siemens/Germany
• Pressure sensor: Siemens/Germany
• Electronics: Schneider/France
• Block Foaming sensor: Sunway/Korea
• Pressure gauge: Afriso/Germany
• Butterfly valve: Flowx/Italy
• Angle valve: ESG/China
• Weight sensor: Mettler Toledo/Switherland
• Vacuum pump: Nash/Germany
• Pneumatic parts: SMC/Japan
• Photo sensor: Autonics/Korea